Support for Islanders
Keep the Island safe
Please look after yourself and your loved ones at this critical time. If you need extra support, there are organisations on the Island who can help. Let’s help each other to keep the Island safe.
- Isle of Wight Foodbank provides 3 days nutritionally balanced emergency food and support to local people who are referred to them in crisis.
- Help through Crisis can help with emergency food, gas and electric.
- Free food from Aspire Ryde’s Community Fridge.
- The Isle of Wight COVID-19 helpline offers support if you are self-isolating or vulnerable and need help with shopping.
- Age UK IW offer emotional and practical help to older people. This includes help with shopping as well as support to combat loneliness.
Call 01983 525282 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to the British Red Cross Shopping Service website for more information and to see if you are eligible for this service.
- Contact your local community hub to see if they can help with shopping.
- AtoZtoMe provides a list of Isle of Wight businesses who deliver.
The Isle of Wight Community Mental Health Support Hub provides advice and support for Islanders.
The NHS Coronavirus pages have a lot of useful health information about the virus, and what to do.
COVID-19 and your mental health. This NHS website has useful information including working from home and managing your mental health.
If you need help from a GP, use your GP surgery’s website, use an online service or app, or call the surgery.
For urgent medical help – use NHS 111 online service, or call 111 if you’re unable to get help online.
Samaritans offer a friendly ear on the end of the phone 24 hours a day – and it’s free.
Tel: 116 123
Many local community hubs are offering telephone ring rounds and befriending through their volunteers.
Age UK IW offer telephone or digital befriending and wellbeing checks.
Tel: 01983 525282
Butterflies Bereavement Telephone Support
Tel: 01983 619503 or 07889009393
Mountbatten Keep Connected Helpline provides a friendly voice to chat to.
Tel: 01983 533331
Mountbatten offers bereavement support to all Islanders.
Tel: 01983 217346 during office hours
Suicide Prevention & Intervention IOW are trained and skilled in suicide prevention and intervention. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Tel: 01983 897331
This guide can help you work out whether your child has got a cold or whether they should get tested for COVID-19.