Stay safe Isle of Wight
Please continue to protect the Island. The more we all do to protect ourselves, the more we protect our Island.
- Fresh air is vital. Meet outdoors where possible and let fresh air into homes or other enclosed spaces.
- Wear a face mask to help protect other people who may be at risk of serious illness. It is a legal requirement for face coverings to be worn in shops, on public transport including taxis and in most indoor settings including theatres and cinemas.
- If you don’t have symptoms, take regular LFT tests. Take a test before you go out to crowded and busy places.
If you test positive on an LFT you must self-isolate, but you don’t have to take a PCR test to confirm the result.
- Self-isolate and take a PCR test when you get symptoms.
- Support NHS Test and Trace. Self isolate when required and share details of your contacts when asked.
- Get fully vaccinated. You can make appointments or go to a walk-in clinic.
- Keep washing your hands regularly with soap or hand sanitiser.
- Support local business and stick to their COVID rules. Use the NHS COVID Pass and NHS COVID-19 app when asked to do so. You need an NHS Covid Pass – or a negative lateral flow test – to gain entry to certain venues. This page tells you how the pass works.
- If you need support or advice contact the Isle of Wight COVID-19 helpline on 01983 823600.
- If you need financial support because of self-isolation you may be eligible for the Test and Trace Support Payment.
- Work from home if you can do so.
- If you feel unwell (not COVID symptoms), stay at home and protect friends, family and the community from other illnesses.
- Be kind and patient with others.
If you have an urgent but not life threatening medical need, make sure you visit NHS 111 online first rather than going straight to A&E.
NHS 111 online will help you right away and, if needed, a healthcare professional will call you.
Not sure whether to send your child to school? Get useful info about childhood illness and what to do on this NHS website.
Find some new places to visit on the Island. From tucked away beaches to amazing views; we’ve put together some suggestions for you to help you find new places to get away from the crowds.
We’d love to hear your ideas too. Just use #FindYourSpace when you share your pictures on social media.