Stay safe Isle of Wight
Thank you for all you do to keep the Island safe.
COVID-19 is still a very risky disease. What we do this summer will affect ourselves, our loved ones and the rest of our Island community.
Please play your part and help keep the Island safe.
- Get fully vaccinated. You can make appointments or go to a walk-in clinic.
- Meet outdoors where possible and let fresh air into homes or other enclosed spaces.
- Limit close contact with people you don’t usually live with, and increase close contact slowly.
- Be patient and kind to others.
- Wear a mask where appropriate, such as in crowded and indoor areas.
- Keep washing your hands regularly with soap or hand sanitiser.
- If you don’t have symptoms, take regular rapid response LFT tests. This will help protect others.
- Self-isolate and take a PCR test when you get symptoms.
- Self-isolate when asked to do so by NHS Test and Trace.
- If you need support or advice contact the Isle of Wight COVID-19 helpline on 01983 823600.
- Take care of our beautiful Island, it’s a Unesco Biosphere Reserve as well as our home.
- Support local business and stick to their COVID rules. Use the NHS COVID Pass and NHS COVID-19 app when asked to do so.
- If you feel unwell (not just with COVID), stay at home and protect friends, family and the community from catching other illnesses.
- Return to work gradually.
Head out this summer and find some new places to visit on the Island. From tucked away beaches to amazing views; we’ve put together some suggestions for you to help you find new places to get away from the crowds.
We’d love to hear your ideas too. Just use #FindYourSpace when you share your pictures on social media.