COVID-19 advice for visitors
This advice is for visitors on to the Isle of Wight who
- get symptoms during their stay
- test positive during their stay using a rapid response LFT test
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- you’ve lost your sense of smell or taste or it’s changed
- Self-isolate and tell your accommodation provider immediately
- Immediately book a test online or by calling 119
- Use the postcode of where you are staying when you book your test
- If your test result is negative; continue with your visit.
- If your test result is positive; arrange to return home safely. All guests in your party will need to self-isolate and return home unless they are under the age of 18 years and 6 months, or they are fully vaccinated. Even if you do not have symptoms, you are advised to have a PCR test as soon as possible. Check the government website for up to date information.
- If you live in the same household as someone with a suspected or confirmed case of the Omicron variant, or are a close contact of someone with a suspected or confirmed case of the Omicron variant, you will be required to self-isolate regardless of your age or vaccination status. NHS Test and Trace will contact you if this is the case.
- Tell your accommodation provider what you are doing.
- Do not wait for your results if they have not arrived by the time you are due to leave.
- If you need further health advice call 111 or a GP.
- If you are unwell and cannot return home, you will be expected to pay all costs to your accommodation provider.
If you booked your ferry through your accommodation provider, contact them by phone. They will amend your booking.
If not contact the ferry company directly:
- Red Funnel – 023 8001 9192 (calls are charged at a local rate).
- Wightlink – 0333 999 7333 (calls are charged at a local rate).
Confirm that COVID-19 is the reason for changing your booking.
You will be required to remain in your vehicle during your crossing.
If you do not have a vehicle you should arrange for COVID-19 vehicle transport home. If you can’t do this, you must organise with your accommodation provider to self-isolate in your accommodation. This must be until the end of your booking or transport is confirmed, whichever is sooner.
If you need help to arrange transport home please contact the Isle of Wight COVID-19 helpline on: 01983 823600.